REAPER

How to use B-Step Sequencer in your DAW - Ableton, BitWig, Cubase, Logic, Renoise, REAPER, Energy XT2, Studio One, Cakewalk Sonar, USINE or FL Studio.
Monoman

REAPER

Post by Monoman » 10 Dec 2014, 02:42

I've put together a quick template of REAPER that runs B-Step and a synth 1. Not sure if it is the best possible example of routing, but it seems to work pretty good and took me the longest time to figure out.

There are four or five channels on B-Step as usual (I'm just using roughly the same template here for different daws [except for a tweak or two of synth1]) so it should be familiar if you have used any of the other templates. They are triggering just the one synth1, but I will do a multi-output setup later on, probably with the M1.

REAPER also renders out superfast and perfectly with no gaps or delays. Audio examples in the download folder.
Attachments
B-STEP_REAPER.rar
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 188 times

Monoman

Re: REAPER: How to get B-Step Sequencer running

Post by Monoman » 19 Feb 2015, 00:58

I've included a new template for REAPER that allows you to run 2 instances of B-Step, triggering 2 different independent synths/drums.

In this case, Synth1 and Drumazon.

From the included 'path.txt' file:

--------------------------------------
Find the place where REAPER keeps your project templates -

From the REAPER menu:

'Show REAPER resource path in Explorer/Finder'

OR

Try looking here in win7:

C:\Users\[YOUR-USER-NAME]\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\ProjectTemplates
-------------------------------------------

You will then be able to open the template any time you like by going: 'File>Open Project Template'.

The two included files are identical, I just put an extra one in for you to overwrite, or just for back up.

If you don't have Drumazon, then the mapping included in B-Step should work at least for ADM(CM) and Plogue Bidule/Analog Industries CR-909, which are affordable/free alternatives.

You can, however, use whatever plugins you like in their place. The routing is all set up to work.
B-STEP-X2-REAPER.ZIP
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 151 times

Monoman

Post by Monoman » 19 Feb 2015, 01:14

This is another template to put in your folder if you want the second instance of B-Step to trigger another drum machine or VSTi as well (in other words: 2 in one go). Here I am triggering Drumazon and the ADM (CM) TR-606 emulation free with Computer Music Magazine. Note the 'Mode' is set to 'Note' and not 'Pattern'.

The screenshot should help you get your head around the routing in REAPER a bit more.

Again, put this template in your project template folder, and it will be available from your File menu.
Attachments
B-STEP_X2_DRUMAZON_ADM.rar
(28 KiB) Downloaded 145 times

hellfog

Post by hellfog » 14 Jun 2015, 17:39

Great temps. But how to you do like this in Reaper, One B-step with up to four synth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1NnmuepubQ

monotomy

Post by monotomy » 15 Jun 2015, 17:32

Hi Hellfog,

I'll make a tutorial next week.

Short: you need to create 4 sequence groups and route the output of each sequence group to one of your synths.
Please take a look at: >> Sequence Groups - One Sequencer is not enough?

Best
Thomas