Podium

How to use B-Step Sequencer in your DAW - Ableton, BitWig, Cubase, Logic, Renoise, REAPER, Energy XT2, Studio One, Cakewalk Sonar, USINE or FL Studio.
Monoman

Podium

Post by Monoman » 20 Feb 2015, 01:09

This has just been tested with the Podium Free version for now, but I'll test other versions later and let you know if there are any problems. I don't imagine there will be. You can get Podium Free from Zynewave: http://zynewave.com/podium-free/

--------------------------------------------------
What are the limitations of Podium Free compared to the commercial version?

MIDI interface setup is limited to one input and one output.
64-bit mixer engine option is disabled.
Plugin multiprocessing is disabled.
ReWire is disabled.
Surround-sound playback is disabled.

The disabled plugin multiprocessing option means that only one CPU core will be used when processing plugins. If you have a dual-core CPU you will be able to use 50% of your available CPU power before the Podium CPU indicator overloads. Podium Free still uses all available CPU cores for various background tasks such as audio file disk streaming.
-----------------------------------------------------

I have the full version 2.4 on my system and I will try to do a template for that, and if it works ok, I'll post that here, then anyone with that version on up to the latest will be able to use it.

You need to install the loopbe1 midi driver (at least on my system I had to) for it to work. Maybe there is another way for it to work - I don't know. Get that here: http://nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html

Here is the midi setup. I selected 'use timestamps from driver' and it seems to work well. Not sure if this is the optimum setup - but it works!

B-Step in action on Podium Free:

Here is the template. It is one instance of B-Step triggering one synth (synth1 in this case).
Put it in your Project or Templates folder for easy access:
B-STEP-TEMPLATE.rar
(22.96 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

Monoman

Re: Podium: How to get B-Step Sequencer running

Post by Monoman » 27 Feb 2015, 02:39

Keep in mind that you will need to render/bounce internally any synths/drums you trigger with B-Step using the loopbe1 midi driver.

This is possible because I have done it, but it won't export your sounds externally to file.

So please consider this when using B-Step in Podium.