Drum Sequencer (with B-Step)

How to use B-Step Sequencer in your DAW - Ableton, BitWig, Cubase, Logic, Renoise, REAPER, Energy XT2, Studio One, Cakewalk Sonar, USINE or FL Studio.
Monoman

Drum Sequencer (with B-Step)

Post by Monoman » 11 Feb 2015, 22:13

B-Step makes an extremely useful and nifty Drum Sequencer. Being able to resize it up to full size also makes it a joy to work with.

Here is a screenshot of it working in EnergyXT2:

I have set it so that you can control [KICK - SNARE - HAT - TOM] discretely on each sequence row. If you transpose the notes then obviously you can get different drum sounds. Just play about to see.

Here is the template for controling a standard 808 and 909 Midi setup. I have used Drumazon for the 909 and Tromine GT for the 808. Tromine is free for download, but donationware - http://marvinpavilion.ojaru.jp/en/sound/vst.html - It is a very good TR-808 Clone.
B-STEP-DRUM-808-909.rar
(500 Bytes) Downloaded 128 times

I'm still exploring this, but aim to put up more templates for different Hosts, and with different mappings.

Here is the template for use in EnergyXT2.6 or later:
XT-B-STEP-DRUM-808-909.rar
(8.95 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
This template has B-Step triggering both Drumazon and Tromine GT at the same time, both having their 'Kick, Snare, Hat and Tom' triggered by the individual sequencer rows in B-Step.

Monoman

Re: Drum Sequencer (with B-Step)

Post by Monoman » 11 Feb 2015, 22:19

The great thing with this setup is that you can cycle through your drum sounds and see them change in real time as B-Step names them for you on the panel on the upper left side!

Feel free to post any drum templates or mappings you come up with, and also for different Hosts!

This template setup should work for most 808 or 908 style machines though to get you started.