MIDI Learning

Nobody is perfect. Help us to improve B-Step Sequencer and report bugs and problems.
aBot

MIDI Learning

Post by aBot » 06 Oct 2014, 14:07

Hi,

I am trying to get b-step to work together with an Arturia Beatstep controller, primarily to control the chain + mute and solo buttons with the note pads of the Beatstep in Toggle Mode. I am running b-step as a VST under Cubase Artist 7.5 64Bit under Windows 64Bit.
The learn function does not work at all under Cubase as I can not assign a MIDI-Learn Input because the inputs are used by Cubase, so I can not activate the Learn Function in b-step.
When I run b-step as standalone, I can select the Beatstep as MIDI Learn-IO but when I activate the Learn Function and choose the first chain/mute button nothing happens when I press a pad on the beatstep. However, when I activate the Launchpad Input and choose the Beatstep as MIDI-IO the notes from the pads activate certain steps of the b-step - so I know that basically it is working, the b-step does receive the note messages from the pads of the b-step and reacts.
Any Idea what I am doing wrong? Do I have to send midi notes or CC messages? Can I use the learn function in standalone mode and then use them under Cubase/VST? What are the correct settings in the Setting Editor for MIDI?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards, Arne

monotomy

Re: MIDI Learning

Post by monotomy » 07 Oct 2014, 18:30

Hi Arne,

yes, under Windows in a DAW you will have that problems. Do you know loopBe1? How to create virtual ports on windows: http://forum.monoplugs.com/viewtopic.ph ... =623#p2003

Standalone too: Hm, i know there are some problems with the port handling in 1.2, may be this is your problem. But on 24th of October will come B.Step 2 this will fix your problem.

Thanks
Tommy

EDIT: fixed
Monoplugs - Unique Music Software

aBot

Re: MIDI Learning

Post by aBot » 08 Oct 2014, 20:50

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for your quick reply. I will have a look at the virtual ports solution.

Most likely I will wait for the new version. The new features look exciting!

Regards
Arne