Some kind of 'Follow Action' or 'Scroll' option?

Do you miss a sequencer feature or do you have an idea how to improve our sequencer? You're right here - tell us what you want to see in B-Step Sequencer.
Monoman

Some kind of 'Follow Action' or 'Scroll' option?

Post by Monoman » 06 Feb 2015, 01:53

What I mean is, when B-Step cycles through the sequences, it would be good if it could actually jump to the sequences so you can see what the notes are. It does cycle through and you can see where you are at the bottom and what seq is playing but to have it visualised in the top pane as well would be great. Maybe it does this. I haven't RTFM.

:-)

Here is a little video, I hope the resolution is ok. I know it's not perfect, but...

In the first half of the video, B-Step is playing as normal, going through the seqs, but not displaying the notes on the top part of the screen. In the second half of the video, I manually cycle through myself and for each seq you can see the notes being played at the top.

Hopefully this gets the point across. Having this as an option would be great (if it isn't already in there).

Video:
http://www.screencast.com/t/uMprXDa594Io

Again, my apologies for not being able to work out how to embed, but clicking on the link works fine too ;-).

That video worked pretty good for me my end. Earlier today it was terrible. I think it may be a server (bandwidth) limitation at peak times.

Let me know how it works for you.

monotomy

Re: Some kind of 'Follow Action' or 'Scroll' option?

Post by monotomy » 06 Feb 2015, 16:14

Monoman wrote:What I mean is, when B-Step cycles through the sequences, it would be good if it could actually jump to the sequences so you can see what the notes are. It does cycle through and you can see where you are at the bottom and what seq is playing but to have it visualised in the top pane as well would be great. Maybe it does this. I haven't RTFM.

:-)

Here is a little video, I hope the resolution is ok. I know it's not perfect, but...

In the first half of the video, B-Step is playing as normal, going through the seqs, but not displaying the notes on the top part of the screen. In the second half of the video, I manually cycle through myself and for each seq you can see the notes being played at the top.

Hopefully this gets the point across. Having this as an option would be great (if it isn't already in there).

Video:
http://www.screencast.com/t/uMprXDa594Io
This is one of my most wanted features too - it's already on the todo.
Not sure how to call it, maybe "timeline follow" or the negative version "fixed bar view".
Suggestions?
Monoman wrote: Again, my apologies for not being able to work out how to embed, but clicking on the link works fine too ;-).
Is it possible to embed screencast videos? Did you see such an option (share, embed or something)?
I need a iframe or something other embeddable, then i can add support for screencast videos.
Monoman wrote: That video worked pretty good for me my end. Earlier today it was terrible. I think it may be a server (bandwidth) limitation at peak times.

Let me know how it works for you.
Works better today.

Monoman

Post by Monoman » 06 Feb 2015, 20:31

monotomy wrote: This is one of my most wanted features too - it's already on the todo.
Not sure how to call it, maybe "timeline follow" or the negative version "fixed bar view".
Suggestions?
'Follow Sequence', 'Static Sequence'. something like that.
monotomy wrote: Is it possible to embed screencast videos? Did you see such an option (share, embed or something)?
I need a iframe or something other embeddable, then i can add support for screencast videos.
No idea. They give some long html code for embedding in websites and blogs. I tried it with different tags but it did not work. Not even sure it is was meant to. Don't have much experience of these things.

monotomy

Post by monotomy » 07 Feb 2015, 00:49

Please send me the code via pm.

Follow Sequence sounds good.