Separate On/Off from Ableton Host Project "Play"

Do you miss a sequencer feature or do you have an idea how to improve our sequencer? You're right here - tell us what you want to see in B-Step Sequencer.
ududidj

Separate On/Off from Ableton Host Project "Play"

Post by ududidj » 06 Nov 2014, 03:19

Been tinkering with B-Step2 in Live9. Love it so far. One thing that would be helpful to me is if I could prevent B-Step from starting when I push "Play" in Ableton (actually, doing this from an APC40 MKII). Sometimes, I want to bring in sequenced tracks over time. I build them in groups of 8, let's say each group of 8 has it's own B-Step to drive the VSTis. I push Play and they all start playing, so I need to either disable the tracks I don't want to hear currently and/or move the faders down on each track.

Is there any current way to do this in Ableton? If not, it would be a nice feature. Keep it clock sync'd once the B-Step starts but don't force it to run as soon as Play is enabled in the set.

Thanks!

monotomy

Re: Separate On/Off from Ableton Host Project "Play"

Post by monotomy » 06 Nov 2014, 09:43

Hi ududidj,

not sure if i understand you right. But if you don't like to trigger events directly after start you can add an empty bar at the beginning of your sequence in B-Step by using "force bar 2 chain" (see: http://b-step.monoplugs.com/manual/#lay ... ar-2-chain).

Not sure if this is what you are looking for?
Monoplugs - Unique Music Software