Various little feature ideas

Do you miss a sequencer feature or do you have an idea how to improve our sequencer? You're right here - tell us what you want to see in B-Step Sequencer.
borfo

Various little feature ideas

Post by borfo » 01 Mar 2014, 05:14

- load and save all of the chord sets on the master chord rotary, so you can easily change all of the chord sets at once.

- MIDI panic (all notes off) button

- button to clear (delete) all steps in bar pattern, and to clear the whole pattern.

- button to instantly copy the steps in one bar over to another bar (and overwrite the existing steps if any), without changing the bar chord setting on the destination bar. This could be accomplished with the "bar snapshot" feature discussed in another one of my way-too-many-feature-ideas threads

monotomy

Re: Various little feature ideas

Post by monotomy » 07 Mar 2014, 08:06

borfo wrote:load and save all of the chord sets on the master chord rotary, so you can easily change all of the chord sets at once.
You mean chord set presets? Will be a load save button in the chord editor enough for this purpose?
borfo wrote: MIDI panic (all notes off) button
Will be added in the next update.
borfo wrote: button to clear (delete) all steps in bar pattern, and to clear the whole pattern.
You can simply copy a empty bar into an other. Is this not enough?
A clear pattern can be useful. Will be added.
borfo wrote: - button to instantly copy the steps in one bar over to another bar (and overwrite the existing steps if any), without changing the bar chord setting on the destination bar. This could be accomplished with the "bar snapshot" feature discussed in another one of my way-too-many-feature-ideas threads
Hm, what is the difference to bar copy?
Monoplugs - Unique Music Software

borfo

Post by borfo » 08 Mar 2014, 03:02

monotomy wrote:
borfo wrote:load and save all of the chord sets on the master chord rotary, so you can easily change all of the chord sets at once.
You mean chord set presets? Will be a load save button in the chord editor enough for this purpose?
Yeah, that sounds like it's what I meant.
monotomy wrote: You can simply copy a empty bar into an other. Is this not enough?

Hm, what is the difference to bar copy?
Didn't realize you could do the drag and drop thing in B-Step until the last couple of days - I've been using the launchpads primarily, often without even having the b-step display onscreen after the initial setup. It'd be great if there was a copy function in the launchpad UI.

monotomy

Post by monotomy » 13 Mar 2014, 20:08

Accepted :-)

I miss the feature on the launchpad too...

borfo

Post by borfo » 14 Mar 2014, 14:12

monotomy wrote:Accepted :-)

I miss the feature on the launchpad too...
Press and hold one bar button (bottom row on the launchpad), then press another bar button could copy the held bar over to the pressed bar.

monotomy

Post by monotomy » 14 Mar 2014, 17:39

Good solution. I will add it to the map in the next days.

eugenep

Post by eugenep » 12 Nov 2014, 13:51

Midi mappable button to clear (delete) to clear the whole pattern and each string separately would be awesome for live performance

monotomy

Post by monotomy » 12 Nov 2014, 16:22

Will come, here is a bigger update for controllers in the pipe.